Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 2- Day 5

Legs & Back, and Ab RipperX
Brisk 1 hr walk

I woke up energized this morning and without an alarm clock. While I waited for my dtr to get dressed for school, I decided to try a recipe out for a smoothie. It came out pretty tasty but I do attribute most of the taste to Syntha 6 protein. Think strawberry Nestle Quick.
After I dropped off my daughter, Sashi and I hit the walking trail at 8:15. It's always nice to see others out as well. I had a lot on my mind so this walk was extra nice today it helped me clear some of it a bit. One thing I was debating were my plans for the weekend. A) go to NC to visit my mom and other siblings, B) go to the mountains alone because my SO and I are on bad terms or C) stay home . I chose C. My weight has yo yo'd for years and one thing I've never had much of within my family is a support system. I guess they do it in their own special way but to me it always feels like I'm being judged.  Mind you as I stated in a previous post, we  are all overweight. The last time I visited was last year for Thanksgiving. I had just decided to cut off my dead, dry, chemical treated hair so that I could be natural and was excited about it. My mother and my oldest sister made comments about me not being this big the last time I was there and perhaps I have thyroids. I was hurt. When you are overweight you KNOW it inside and don't need anyone to tell you. I love my mother to death but I believe she has developed what I call "old people syndrome" (when old people age 70 and up just say whatever pops in their head good or bad.my mom is 85) I remember 10 years ago an old high school friend came over to my mom's to visit while I was there and she was a tiny size 3/4.  My mother says" Oh you look so beautiful so tiny and petite", and turned to me and said "You need to get down to that size". My mouth flew open, and I believe my eyes popped out in disbelief I couldn't believe she had said that. At that time I was wearing sz 7/8 in jeans which I'd give my left boob to be in right now. When she makes these comments I want to say to her " You did not raise me to make healthy eating choices...you did not teach me to make healthy meals or even encourage it...the only exercise I've ever seen you do in my life are arm circles". But I can't say any of this because this is my mom. I love her with all of my heart and I know she means well. Being that I am not even close to my goal weight I'd rather not put myself through any discouraging comments. They make me sad and when I'm sad I eat ALOT. I called today and made up an excuse but it didn't sound like she was up for company anyway so I didn't feel bad.  Wow, just looking over what I have typed. It is alot. I had to release that. My SO and I are not speaking (a whole other post) so a trip to the mountains we had planned a month ago is just sitting. Already paid for and just sitting. And so it shall remain...unused and "sitting". Letting go of that as well.
Anywho..I have to admit because of this blah mood today I did not do the Legs & Back video to the best of my ability. I had so many thoughts racing through my mind. The same with the Ab Ripper X video as well. Could have done much better. Afterward I went to Kroger, Publix and Walmart all in search of some Shirataki noodles. I was craving some Thai peanut sauce and thought this would be the best time to try it out with the noodles. Neither store had them so I settled for China Boy Lo Mein . I also got lazy and instead of making my own peanut sauce I opted for a pack of  A Taste of Thai peanut sauce. It was my 1st tme using these items so next time I know what to use more or less of. I added broccoli and chicken. It was not restaurant quality but it was decent. Plus I was really hungry by the time I got home.


 Breakfast: smoothie (1 cup of almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries, 3 teaspoons of flax seeds, 1/2 scoop of Syntha 6
Lunch: Grilled chicken breast on an Earthgrain thin wheat bun with a thin slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon of prego & spinach, and a cup of watermelon
Dinner: Lo mein noodles in Thai peanut sauce with broccoli and grilled chicken pieces
Snacks: 1/3 energy trail mix, 1 slice Amy's organic orange cake, 1 Edy's lemonade fruit bar, 1/2 piece semi sweet bakers chocolate



I use myfitnesspal.com to keep up with how many calories and servings etc..I am consuming and it works for me and helps me to not go overboard.




this breakfast smoothie was really good. it made alot so I had half










I measured out 1/3 cup each of my trail mix and wrapped them up in foil so that i won't go overboard.










This lo mein will last me for some days!





2 comments:

  1. Gosh can I relate to your Mom! My Mom is super thin and healthy and when my bro, sisters and I lived in St.Maarten we ate so healthy, walked every where, swam all day on the weekends, rode bikes & played so many sports. When we came back state side we all got lazy (except for my brother)and blew up like balloons due to pregnancies and not taking care of ourselves after the babies were born.

    Now, every time we go visit that's the 1st thing she says "Ohh, you're FAT!" It was different for me though in March b/c I had started my journey to a healthier me & she was so impressed with my dedication to working out & eating clean with proportion. I showed her and you will show your Mom too! Keep on Pushing! You're doing great!

    P.S. Ahhh I can't believe you use Myfitnesspal..I use it as well. Friend me, my name is leeslim4life! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeLee thank you for visiting my blog and for the encouragement it is so greatly appreciated =) I sent you a fr req on MFP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!