Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 2- Day 6

Kenpo X
Elliptical- 250 calories burned
Walking- 30 mins


I slept in this morning so my day started close to noon. I had originally planned to wake up around 8 am to get in a morning walk before the sun started beaming but my alarm did not go off. However I did get 8 hrs of sleep and it felt good!

I like KenpoX, I could have done this video twice but I wanted to get in some time on my elliptical and a walk in before dark. I do find the exercises kind of hard on my left knee, there is a slight pain there ever so often but not enough to make me stop exercising thank goodness. As soon as we headed out to walk around 7, it began to rain. I didn't have any plans for tonight so I didn't care. It actually felt good great! We even got in a couple of sprints every now and then. This time we went to the high school down the street from us and used the huge parking lot. I would set a goal to run/jog to the other side of the lot and made it each time even though I felt like I was gonna pass out. This time my legs didn't feel as sore but I do need to work on my breathing. I'm always out of breath like nobody's business! I attribute that to smoking. I just quit last month cold turkey. I was/am so determined that any and everything that hinders me from reaching my goal has got to go!

My breakfast smoothie was frozen and I was pushed for time to wait for it to thaw so I grabbed my Naked protein, poured a shot, and grabbed one of the foils that contained my energy trail mix. I know...what a breakfast. Still working on my food choices. I hope to be meat free one day but until then I will take my baby steps. I have no problem with that. First things first. I'm still in the learning stage that healthy food can taste good great. I can sit here for hours viewing healthy recipes on different blogs that I have come by and cannot wait to try some of them. Especially the vegan recipes. I love food. Ah I said it and I don't feel as guilty about it as I thought I would. I love it and I want it to taste good. Is that so bad?


Breakfast: Naked protein drink - 50 ml , 1/3 cup energy trail mix
Lunch: 2 Old El Paso stand n stuff shells (broken up for nachos) 4 oz ground turkey n taco seasoning, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 1 oz fresh mozzarella,  1 cup honey dew melon
Dinner: Quinoa spaghetti with 4 oz ground beef in 1/4 cup of prego harvest & mixed salad with mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes drizzled with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (raspberry)
Snacks: 1/2 sq Bakers semi chocolate



                                                             
Enjoyed lunch, I heart tacos





                                                  
I'm beginning to really love salads :)




Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!