Monday, July 5, 2010

Week 8- Day 1

Switched YogaX out for Kettlebell




This week is my recovery week for P90X and today was YogaX. I opted to go with Kettlebell instead. What a workout, I felt great afterward.


Breakfast: 2 egg white w/spinach omelet, 1 morningstar veggie sausage on 1 Thomas whole wheat english muffin & 1/2 of a banana topped with peanut butter (pb2)


Lunch: missed it but I did snack on 2 Stone organic crackers with laughing cow light swiss, 1/2 an orange, 1 slice of mango and a handful of blackberries


Dinner: salad (Marketside organic mixed and baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta, onions, mushrooms, baby carrots, & sliced Cajun chicken breasts) I tried to make croutons out of a corn vitatop.



Krogers has an awesome sale going on in the produce section. I saw alot of sale signs but was pressed for time and grabbed what i could. As soon as I walked thru the doors my eyes focused on the 1/2 pint blackberries and mangoes for $1 ea. Joy! Love me some blackberries!
I topped a crepe with fat free redi-whip & blackberries drizzled with a lemon sauce for a refreshing summer treat.


Picked up some root beer in the organic section at Kroger for mini me. She loves her root beer and is with me in trying to eat clean and healthy so I know she'll appreciate these.



xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Good job with eating and exercising. The kettle ball is a great addition to your workout routine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your kettlebell come with a workout DVD? I saw a kettlebell workout system on one of the home shopping channels, and I thought of buying it, but the weight didn't look very heavy. I'm always looking for a substitute for Yoga X. (hate it!)
    Lorraine :)
    PS: I made the lentil loaf. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ CLAMCO yes it came with a workout dvd. I didn't even know it until I opened the box yesterday. I have the 10 lb and I must say that thing is kinda heavy lol. I may "downgrade" to the 5 lb a little later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I dread Yoga X as well! Great job with eating clean and working it out!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!