Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 8- Day 3

KenpoX
Bike Ride- 1 hr
Elliptical- burned 700 calories


*excert* from Q&A book:
It takes approximately 50 calories to raise the temperature of 8 ounces of ice-cold water to body temperature. If you drink eight to ten cold cups of water each day, you'll burn an extra 400-500 calories.

Hmm..I thought that was rather interesting.


Woke up to find that mini me has taken my favorite pair of Pelle Modas to a friends house. What!?! Grrr....  I felt obliged to grab a pair of one of her beloved, and precious most favorite sneakers since I only own 1 pair. That's only fair right? Right!
   And they match my bike. Sweet!  This one's for you MM!


Today I rode my bike farther than I have ever ridden and tried to stay at a certain speed to keep my heart rate up. Whew, I really worked up a sweat out in the heat and some hunger pains too. I rode on a main rode and passed Krystal's twice. I wanted a scrambler so bad it wasn't even funny! I'm not one to care about eating hot foods in the Summer. None of that matters to me. Hunger pains started to kick in because I didn't eat a pre ride snack.  I finally decided to ride up to the drive thru window to ask for a nutritional guide. I was advised that they had run out but the girl was more than willing to look online for the info that I wanted (it pays to be nice). I told her all I wanted was the info for the original scrambler. She walked away and came back to the window with the information written down for me. Thank goodness they weren't busy because I'm sure I wouldn't have received such awesome service. 420 calories! That was too much for me for breakfast and I had the rest of the day to count for! I thanked her and rode off into the sunset.
When i got home I decided to make my own scrambler  .

Krystal's Original Scrambler  *pic source*



Breakfast: my scrambler (1 Morningstar veggie sausage, 1 scrambled egg white, 1/4 cup Weight Watchers shredded cheese, 1/8 Quaker grits)
 205 calories



Lunch: 1 slice leftover pizza & 1 deep chocolate vitamuffin
 boring photo I know....

Dinner: 1 Morningstar veggie riblet, 1/2 cup UB whole grain rice, 1/2 cup peas, 1 piece Garlic Naan (not pictured) because I ate it before my food was plated...so so good.

Snack: 1 pk 100 calorie Cheez Its, 7 R.W. Garcia veggie chips




Hope everyone had a great day!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Breakfast in a cup! Never saw anything like that up here in the northeast. Looks yummy! Everything you make looks great, but it's made me realize why I'm not losing more weight. You exercise twice as much as me and eat half as much. Your portions are like snack sizes. How do you do it?
    Lorraine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorraine =)
    Lol yes the breakfast in a cup is pretty popular down here in the south! I try to "eat clean" by consuming 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Every 3 hrs from the time I get up to be precise. My 2-3 snacks count as meals because I just can't see myself eating an actual "meal" during those times. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I look at the calories, fat content (I try my best to stay away from sat & trans fat products)and serving size of everything that I eat and measure my food out accordingly. I plan ahead and keep track of everything using myfitnesspal.com. Getting in the extra exercise is hard! I fight with myself most days but determination fuels me.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl your rode for an hr..... 420 calories has nothing on that bike ride! LOL! I would have kicked my stand and started chowing down!! I love how hard you work out, you are NOT playing. I can't wait for it to get cooler again so I can tackle that run with Hubby!!! Keep going strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! LeeLee you always have me cracking up out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!